IN: Peach, prosciutto & goats cheese salad


So I invited my family over for dinner a few weeks back and wanted to make a salad to go with my lamb kebabs and potatoes. I was considering doing a Greek or Garden Salad and decided I wanted to make something a bit more exciting! After looking online I found a recipe that I wasn't 100% sure how all the ingredients would taste together but decided to just go for it, and I am so glad I did! This salad is to die for and could actually be a meal on it's own. Full of flavour and beautiful textures from the smooth and creamy goats cheese to the crispy prosciutto, I hope you will fall in love with this delicious salad just like I did! Enjoy! 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 150g marinated goats cheese in oil (oil reserved)
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 4 thin slices prosciutto
  • 100g wild rocket leaves
  • 4 small peaches, halved, stones removed, cut into wedges
  • 25g walnuts, toasted



METHOD:

  • Step 1
    In a small bowl, place 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of the reserved oil from the marinated goats cheese and combine with the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
  • Step 2
    Brush the prosciutto with a little more of the reserved oil, and grill or fry over high heat until crisp. Break the crispy prosciutto into shards, then toss in a large bowl with the rocket and peaches. Place in serving bowls and drizzle with the dressing. Crumble over the goats cheese and top with the toasted walnuts.


Comments

Popular Posts