IN: T-bone Steak with Italian Tomato, Bacon & Wine Sauce

So a couple of nights ago I was really craving some red meat! Lately I have been cooking a lot of fish and chicken in my household... So, I decided on cooking a good old THICK & JUICY T-BONE STEAK! T-bone is one of those meats that you really don't need a sauce with because if you cook it right, it is delicious as is! BUT... my tastebuds were craving something a bit more exciting! I decided to make an Italian inspired sauce. It's not so much a sauce, not so much an oil - it's very in between (if that makes sense) - This sauce is super easy and tasty and very light and it will not take away from the main ingredient, the T-bone! ENJOY!!


Ingredients:


2 T-bone fillets
2 rashers of bacon (cut into small strips)
6 baby tomatoes (sliced in half)
2 teaspoons of garlic mince
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
3 spring onions finely chopped (white part)
2 tablespoons butter
olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Splash of white wine




Create:

Cook your T-bone however you like it/ normally would cook it. I had my T-bone at room temperature and oiled up a fry pan on high heat and cooked for about 4 minutes on each side, once flipped I would add some salt and pepper

Once cooked, cover meat with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes

Meanwhile, let's start the sauce!

In a new pan, pour in the olive oil and on medium heat add bacon, spring onions, salt and pepper, garlic, oregano, parsley and toss in the pan

Once the bacon is cooked through add the butter and tomatoes and simmer on low heat

Once the tomatoes have sweated down, add a splash (or two!) of white wine and increase temperature to high, let the wine boil in the mixture and keep tossing. Add some olive oil if needed!

Once the wine is cooked the kitchen should be smelling delicious and now the sauce is ready!

Place the T-bone on serving plate and pour all of the sauce on top. DELCIOUS!! I hope you enjoy my little creation Xx

Comments

Popular Posts